March 29, 2006

Domestic Bling!

ooooo...shiny.
So finally after over ten years of faithful service we had to retire our trusty and oh so crusty Kenmore gas BBQ. I'm suprised it lasted as long as it did considering how much I used it.
A good little grill it was, although lately it was getting a little run down...the starter was broken, the top grill was almost falling apart and it just looked bad in a 'I hope you've had your shots' kind of way.
So anyway..my loving family ( knowing how much I love to cook outside) all kicked in and bought me the smack-daddiest BBQ I have ever had the joy to grill on. At first I thought it was a little too big and shiny for my humble backyard patio but now after using it a couple of times ...I Love It.
My favorite culinary challenge is seeing if I can cook an entire meal on the grill, especially in the summertime with all the fresh veggies from our garden...heaven. Well that is no longer going to be a challenge with 5 burners and a side burner with a griddle.....dude, I could cook breakfast....blueberry pancakes and grilled sausage yum.
I think I'll get used to how big and shiny it is...someday.

No comments: