August 4, 2006

Cherries!

Rainiers and Bings.
One of the best things about living in central Washington is the awesome climate. Now I'm not talkin' Western Washington with all the Seattle rain and gloom, I'm talking sunshine and blue skies for about 300 days out of the year. Snow in the winter, flowers in the spring, hot hot sun in the summer and leaves in the fall..you know the drill. Well the result of such great weather is tons of fresh fruits and vegetables. My garden is exploding with life and fruit seems to drop out of the sky..it's like it grows on trees or something. These cherries represent the last of a massive amount that were given to me by a neighbor, we have eaten our fill and I don't want them to go to waste so I made a delicious pie filling and stuck it in the freezer for future tasty treats.

No comments: