December 16, 2005

Studio Friday...Ta-dah!!!

Ta-dah! People throw away good stuff. I found this window in the alley behind my house, it was bright yellow and had two broken panes. I cleaned, painted then sanded it. The pictures are 8o year old black and white shots of the town I grew up in. Getting the photos matted was the tricky part because they are odd sizes. I used some electrical wire that my husband had left over from a project to hang it. So....ta-dah. Our house was built in 1926 so it fits nicely over the fireplace in the living room. Last year we replaced all the original windows in our house and saved them in our basement for later projects...I can't wait. Now if I can only find some spare time...I know I put it right here next to my extra money but now I can't find that either.

4 comments:

firstborn studio said...

Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Your distressed frame really sets off the black and white photos. What's not to love?

kelly barton art + design said...

i have one of those windows too!
it stands on my stair landing and holds a xmas wreath and santa hat at the moment!

Anonymous said...

It's so cool. I love to reuse old stuff and make my own new stuff too. This is fab! Hope you find some extra time soon, look behind the sofa! :-)